ALIS (Agricultural Lighting Induction System) provides light through an efficient clip-on contactless technology – similar to electric toothbrushes. ALIS lamps simply clip-on and turn on.
- Custom ‘lighting design’ for your barn and requirements by our experienced team.
- Easy to create a higher intensity of light in specific areas.
- Improved light distribution in the barn – uniform light throughout the whole house, reduced shadows.
- LED spectrum scientifically tested for use in livestock production
- Dimmable to 1% of light output.
- Reduced mortality – 0.7% improvement in broiler production.
- Improved welfare in broiler production. More locomotor behaviours, more perching and more behaviours indicative of better welfare
- Improved litter quality
- Improved bird mobility, reduced use of shavings by 8%
- Less shadowing helps reduce floor eggs
- Low power consumption – ALIS Barn Lamp (wide and narrow) consumes 10W – efficacy 110lm/W (wide) 100lm/W (narrow).
- Efficient – Power factor of 0.95, with low harmonic distortion.
- Dimming achieves pro-rata energy savings.
- Designed and tested to meet IP66 (Barn Lamps), IP67 (Tube Lamps) and IP69K (Nest Lamp) and survive wash down.
- Designed for operation at high ambient temperature, +500C.
- No power electronics in the lamp, improving lamp reliability.
- ALIS platform and components (power, control and lighting) are guaranteed for three years.
- ALIS system continues to operate normally when an individual lamp fails.
- Utilises only LEDs from leading global manufacturers (Citizen / Nichia).
- ALIS Barn Lamp lumen maintenance (L80B50) 100,000 hours. That is 50% (or less) of the luminaries tested will 80% (or greater) of the original lumen output after 100,000 hours and target lux levels are no longer possible and the lamps need replacement.
- Simply clip lamps to cable.
- No conduit or hardwired connections to the lamp. Average install time: Eight hours for two men in a 100m (length) barn.
- No electrician required for maintenance, adding or replacing lamps.
- Simple and easy to manage using our DTD Controller.
- Responsive and helpful technical support.
Standby losses of the ALIS Power Hub is 7W. This is equivalent to the standby power of approximately 13 individual 15W LED drivers in a conventional system. Typical standby power for LED drivers is around 0.4W – 1W per fixture.
No. The ALIS-Bus cable supplied by Greengage Lighting is a double insulated twisted pair wire. It is twisted to cancel out the magnetic and electrical fields of the intermediate frequency current. The diameter of the conductor is specific to keep cable losses down and each of the two wires is double insulated to comply with the wiring regulations. Use of a cable that isn’t approved by Greengage Lighting is likely to cause problems and invalidates the warranty.
The system already comes with a dimmer.
Yes. ALIS is CE and UL certified.
Designed and tested to meet IP66 (Barn Lamps), IP67 (Tube Lamps) and IP69K (Nest Lamp) and survive wash down.
They can last up to 100,000 hours subject to application.
ALIS is an instant feedback system. The moment you overload the circuit, it will start to flash. By removing the last ALIS-Luminaire you put on, the circuit will go back to normal. The status indicator on the Power Hub also shows you when you have overloaded the circuit.
The ALIS platform is manufactured with ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliant components. Our LED lights can achieve up to 90% energy savings compared to CFL, fluorescent and incandescent bulbs. Our lamps typically last five years and require minimal maintenance. They contain no toxins such as mercury or lead and are easily recycled using standard industrial processes.
Yes. ALIS installation has been designed to be as tool-free as possible. Tools needed are: Screwdriver and wire strippers for main cable plug mounting, wire cutters to cut the cable to length, and pliers to fasten the IDC on the ALIS Bus cable.
ALIS is designed to keep Electro Magnetic Interference well below the international EMC limits. The system has been tested for EMC by an independent accredited test house and is fully compliant.
No. Each ALIS luminaire extracts power from the ALIS Bus cable without affecting the current running through it. If one ALIS luminaire fails, the rest of the system would continue to operate. The induction process only works one way so a failure of an ALIS luminaire cannot affect anything else on the ALIS Bus cable.