GGA Background & Status
Based at the Roslin Institute in Edinburgh, Greengage is an AgriTech business delivering intensive livestock farmers with reduced production costs, higher yields and improved animal welfare through the scientific application of tuned lights and data from sensors.
Sensors and Data Services
Greengage has developed a patented integrated technology stack. A unique proprietary induction Power system enables Lights and Sensors to be simply “clipped-on” to a cable in the barn.
This is a strategic role with overall responsibility for strategic planning, reporting to the GGL CEO, for the plan, development and implementation of commercial strategies that reflect the objectives and priorities of the SDS business line according to the company goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating an operating plan, including revenue targets and costs; route to market plans, products plans, definition of any new products, commercial value proposition and pricing model, marketing, including presenting at conferences and engagement with KOL’s. The successful candidate will have responsibility for and oversight of the following areas:
- Strategy and Planning
- General Management
- New Customer Acquisition, Business Development, Marketing and PR
- Building & Management of External Relationships
Qualifications and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- a veterinary qualification
- worked in or have knowledge of the poultry industry with an understanding of precision agriculture and developments in data science.
- a strong network that can demonstrably help GGA commercially in the short-term.
- demonstrable enthusiasm for working in a small and reasonably intense start-up company environment.
- an ability to spend time working in the office at Roslin, Edinburgh with the GGA team and also visiting customers.
- demonstrable leadership qualities, ability to inspire people around a challenging vision and empathetic values, in an environment of stretched resources.
- action based results orientated management style with the ability to engage others with strong commercial and financial acumen.
- previous experience of leading cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- previous experience of leading/managing a product line in a SAAS/IoT/data driven environment.
- previous experience or involvement in fund raising activities/grant applications etc.
- a solid track record of building strong relationships with board level stakeholders, investors, customers, and direct reports.
- excellent communication skills.
- To be discussed at interview.
- A mixture of base salary, on-target bonus, company EMI options and other staff benefits.
Please send covering letter and CV to HR@greengage.global