Position: Quality and Customer Support Engineer
Location: Roslin, Edinburgh
Based at the Roslin Institute in Edinburgh, Greengage Agritech Ltd is an AgriTech business delivering intensive livestock farmers with reduced production costs, higher yields and improved animal welfare through the scientific application of tuned lights and data from sensors. Greengage has installed its aerial technology network on over 2,000 barns in 10 countries now and in the U.K has secured over 20% of the installed market for poultry lighting. Lighting is sold as the “gateway” product – all barns need lights. Sensors and Data Services then installed on a SaaS recurring revenue model.
Despite the difficulties caused by U.S trade tariffs and Brexit, the global demand for poultry and swine continues to drive intensive farming methods. This in turn drives new animal welfare standards in first world countries – this will drive design changes to farms. There is an acceleration of Precision Livestock Farming (more papers at conferences, more research, and early adopters). Edinburgh University’s Roslin Innovation campus offers Greengage and the strategic investor a good platform from which to expand into this sector. GGA has witnessed M&A activity with the Philips Lighting acquisition of Once Innovation, one of three leading product innovators – the other two being Hato and Greengage. The company is well into the search for a strategic investor with a long list of over 60 target companies.
Working within a fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for managing all elements of technical customer support and quality. Working in both a proactive and reactive capacity, you will be the “voice of the customer” within the organisation. Quality focussed ensuring all service requirements are dealt with effectively and timeously. Responsible for managing internal quality. Working closely with supply chain management, logistics and R&D.
You will have a broad range of duties and responsibilities including;
· Focus on quality management across the business from incoming materials through to installation.
- Provide first level hardware and software support for direct customers and distributers
- Support existing and new product development
- Ensure customer service queries are managed effectively and deliver an excellent customer experience
- Directly feedback quality issues into the business to drive positive change and product improvement
- Take ownership of any site issues and work with others to ensure that a resolution is found and documented
- Identifying problems / issues and escalating to the management team to ensure that continuous improvements are made to the business and processes
- Maintain accurate documentation, both written and electronic
Ideally qualified to HND/C level within a technical discipline, previous experience in a Customer Service /Engineer/Support role and knowledge of the Agricultural or Agritech sectors would be a distinct advantage.
Possessing practical, analytical, and technical skills, you will relish having direct customer contact and have a genuine ability to engage with a diverse customer base on all service requirements and support queries.
Your clear communications skills and desire to drive change within the business will help build a growing team and allow you to develop your own skills as you grow within the role.
This is a genuinely outstanding role at a hugely exciting time within the organisational growth and development. In addition to supporting innovation within a rapidly advancing global marketplace, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send covering letter and CV to HR@greengage.global